LinkedIn is one of the most commonly used professional social networking sites worldwide. Though other sites like Facebook, twitter etc. are there but when it comes to working professionals and hiring employees for the job LinkedIn is the first choice for all of them. LinkedIn is a great source of information provider for emerging talent and changing industry trends along with the kind of opportunities that are available for people seeking jobs. Recruiters see it as a powerful tool to filter out the candidates as per their requirement through the profiles of the potential candidates available on LinkedIn. Keeping this in mind, it becomes extremely important for people seeking their dream jobs to make profiles that best suites the requirements of the recruiters they are trying to reach to and also reflects the best version of them. Here are some tips that can be helpful for all those seeking jobs through LinkedIn to make their profile stand out amongst others.
1. Don’t keep your profile devoid of information. Incomplete profiles will not attract recruiters and will not make you visible in searches frequently. The more exhaustive and relevant information you put on your profile the more high are the chances of you getting visible amongst the relevant searches that potential recruiters make.
2. Brevity is an art and this art if used effectively in making your profile could highlight you more. Too much content is dull and boring at first glance. Using short, precise and optimized recommendations instead of long sentences is very important. The most common mistake that people make is using lengthy sentences and paragraphs as their description. Make your description short, coherent highlighting your major strengths.
3. Linked in is a social networking site so you need to be more social and engaging when it comes to using this platform. Making connection only and not interacting with them doesn’t helps. You need to keep on posting good content and keep in touch with your connections to increase your visibility amongst them.
4. Putting in the right set of words for showcasing your skill set is extremely important for making you more accessible to potential employers. You need to timely update your profile with any new skills that you learn so that it keeps your connections updated about it.
5. Maintaining coherence in your entire content that you are putting in on your LinkedIn profile. Incoherence of content can lead to recruiters being skeptical about you and your true self. Make sure that your entire profiles says it out loud whatever you truly wants to convey through it. This will keep your profile alive and engages a lot more number of people.