Shopping is an art and a science as well. It is art for those who have the knack for buying things at their best quality and price. And it is a science for those who can figure out and do the required math to get the right balance between the quality, quantity and its worth. But what about those who realise it later that they bought the wrong piece or have been trapped by the marketing gimmicks? Because one may observe deeply and can make it out that certain offers and sale is just another marketing style of the manufacturers of that product. It is obvious that they would want customers to buy more of their products amidst the fierce competition. It is only the awareness and smartness of the consumers that they choose the best among the lot.
To improve one’s shopping, here are few tip and tricks to shop better. Read on:
- Know what and when: the basic step to intelligent shopping is to buy right things at the right time. One must know which product to buy and at what part of the year. For example, if one wishes to buy earthen lamps, the natural response would be buy it during the later months of the year. But one must also realise that since it is a need of every consumer, the costs are bound to escalate a bit. This is a product which isn’t seasonal and can be brought round the year too. So it is the smartness of the consumer to know what to buy and when is the right time to buy it.
- Don’t get into trap: The marketing heads of various firms have a great understanding of the psychology of the customer. And their research data aids them in this. But the customer doesn’t not necessarily be aware of this data. So one must be swayed by the marketing gimmicks of various firms. If things are really worth and useful then probably the offer could be put a thought. But usually it is not really so. They will try to entice you but you must look for the worth and its usefulness.
- Balance it right: since there are multiple options available today with the way we shop and pay the amount, one must be able to balance things right between online and offline shopping and also between sale/offer period and normal shopping. This balancing would give you an insight about the first rule, i.e. what and when to shop.
- The extra charges: usually it is a practice of people to find shopping even the basic items as a luxury. While being in this mindset they forget all those extra charges involved and pay an amount which could have been easily avoided. The poly bags are charged these days. So when you are out for shopping you must always carry a bag with you.
- Read, read, read: in a shop with products of multi brands, it is likely that few items would have crossed their expiry date or have some information regarding allergy. So before buying a product, one must always read the expiry date, the real cost, the manufacturers, the seal of the regulators, etc.
So this was all about shopping it an more informed way and being a smart consumer.