I keep coming up with more accidentally frugal things that I do. Who knew I was so savvy and responsible? All I need is a hatred of vacation and a love of thrift shops and I can retire at 27!* Anyways, welcome to part 2 of my accidental frugality.
Oops I was frugal again, because:
– I eat spaghetti twice a week. Spaghetti is cheap, delicious, and super easy to make. I call my spaghetti nights my “broke college kid” nights. Mom teases me that I’m not in college nor am I broke. But as a general rule of thumb, regardless of income, everyone should act a little broke at all times. If for no other reason than people will be less likely to hit you up for money.
– I do not own coasters. Brace yourself, I’m about to change your life. You can use junk mail as coasters. No rings on your table AND spending less money on pretty frivolous things, for free! Boom, frugal!
– I rarely drink outside the house. Besides the fact that I’m a homebody, I don’t like relying on anyone else to get me home after a night of drinking and I refuse to risk my life, someone else’s life, or my pristine record by driving home intoxicated. Don’t drink and drive, my bloggy friends**. This just happens to make drinking cheaper, which is great as we partake in a bottle of wine or a six pack of beer pretty frequently.
– I don’t use fabric softener/dryer sheets. I honestly have no idea why anyone uses them. I have literally never felt a difference between using said products and not. Do you guys use them? Have you ever tried without? Try it, you might find you’ve been wasting money.
– I use every last drop of toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Pretty much just because I’m too lazy to go pick up a new bottle/tube. Seriously, I can never remember when I’m at the grocery store and it’s just easier to develop the super human strength necessary to squeeze the last bit out than drive the mile to my nearest Giant Eagle.
*So not going to happen. Because the word stay-cation is gross and I’ll leave the pre-owned footie pajamas to Macklemore. Meanwhile, I’ll continue to plan three road trips this summer and add to my seemingly never ending wish list from Anthropologie. #SorryNotSorry
**A blog post and a PSA, I’m good.
[Image from BuzzFeed]