Neither CashBlog nor its writers are financial advisors. Nothing published on our website is financial advice. Our articles are strictly educational.
Stock Market Guides is a company that specializes in researching stock market price patterns. They created a proprietary scanner that not only identifies stocks and options with particular price patterns but also quantifies how many times those price patterns have occurred in the past and how the stock or option performed thereafter in each case.
What they have found is that certain price patterns may prove to be effective predictors of profitable investment opportunities.
They offer both stock picking and option picking services, where they use their scanning technology to highlight investing opportunities for paying subscribers. These services include trade alerts that get sent to customers by text or email.
This review examines the trade alert services offered by Stock Market Guides.
Services Offered at Stock Market Guides
Stock Market Guides uses its scanner technology to offer the following stock and option subscription services to investors:
Stock Picking Services
Stock Market Guides offers these stock picking services:
Market Hours Stock Picks
These are stock picks that are alerted during normal market hours. These are ideal for people who can respond to a trade alert right in the middle of the workday.
They say these trades have an average annualized return of 89% in backtests.
These stock picks can be alerted by text or email.
Pre-Market Stock Picks
These are stock picks that are alerted before the market opens. These are ideal for people who are only available to administer trades before work each day. The idea is that you can place your order for the stock before the market opens, for it to be executed automatically at the opening bell.
They say these trades have an average annualized return of 72% in backtests.
These stock picks are alerted by email and typically come in a single batch all at once.
Option Picking Services
Stock Market Guides offers these option picking services:
Market Hours Option Picks
These are option picks that are alerted during normal market hours. These are ideal for people who can respond to a trade alert right in the middle of the workday.
They say these trades have an average annualized return of 197% in backtests.
These option picks can be alerted by text or email.
Pre-Market Option Picks
These are option picks that are alerted before the market opens. These are ideal for people who are only available to administer trades before work each day. The idea is that you can place your order for the options before the market opens, for it to be executed automatically at the opening bell.
They say these trades have an average annualized return of 136% in backtests.
These option picks are alerted by email and typically come in a single batch all at once.
Notable Features of Stock Market Guides’ Trade Alert Services
Here are some of the key features you can expect with any of the trade alert services available at Stock Market Guides:
- Clear Trade Instructions: Each trade alert indicates the exact stock or option to buy, when to buy it, and when to sell it. It makes it easy for those who just want to be told exactly how to administer the trade.
- Data-Driven Approach: The service employs an intricate research process called backtesting to extract historical performance metrics for each trade it alerts. This is the foundation of its service.
- Proprietary Scanner: This unique feature provides insight into the historical track records of trade setups, offering a distinct advantage. We don’t know of any other company that scans for price patterns and shows their historical performance track record like this.
- Flexibility: You can filter the trade alerts based on your preferences. You can change these aspects of the trade alerts: the price of the stock or option, the duration of the trade setup, and the win rate of the stock or option historically for that trade setup.
- Plenty of Trade Alerts: Most days, you’ll see multiple trade alerts coming through for each service.
- Educational Resources: They offer free guides and video tutorials that cater to beginners. You can learn the very basics from them for free, like how to buy stocks or options.
- Responsive Customer Support: The service is known for its prompt and personalized customer service.
Target Audience for Stock Market Guides’ Trade Alert Services
The service is said to cater to active traders who are looking to hold positions for anywhere from 3 days to one year. What we can tell from using the service is that it’s really ideal for swing trading.
The reason is that the trade alerts are based on popular stock chart patterns and technical indicators. These are often considered foundational aspects of most swing trading strategies, as Stock Market Guides points out.
So if you like swing trading, joining this service is like suddenly turning on the lights on which swing trading strategies are most effective since you can see the historical performance of each trade setup for each stock and option.
The stock picking and option picking services at Stock Market Guides are also good for these audiences:
- People who are looking to get better returns than index funds typically offer
- People who enjoy active investing
- People who are comfortable with risk
- People with busy schedules
- People who want to be told the exact steps for administering the trade
- People who are new to trading and want to learn.
Price for Stock Market Guides’ Trade Alert Services
Stock Market Guides maintains a fixed price of $49 per month for each of its services at this time. You can subscribe to multiple services if you want to ramp up the flow of trade ideas.
Conclusion About Stock Market Guides
Stock Market Guides offers a unique platform that is driven by intelligence, not hype. It’s like a breath of fresh air in the industry, where so many other companies offering stock picking services are run by someone who is aggressively trying to sell you something or otherwise exaggerating.
By offering trade alerts rooted in historical performance metrics, the service equips users with the necessary tools to make informed trading decisions. Overall, Stock Market Guides stands as a comprehensive resource, catering to traders and investors of varying expertise levels.